Saturday, January 22, 2011

Divine Misfortune - Book Review

Divine MisfortuneDivine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mortals and Gods meddling in each other's affairs is never a good idea. But when the world has domesticated Gods to the point of needing to advertise via a matching website (think Match.com but instead of matching for love they match for divine favor) you're in for a few bumps along the way.



A. Lee Martinez is easily one of my favorite authors. It's hard for me to possibly like him ore than I already do but the fact that he actually gives a shout out to World of Warcraft: For the Horde! in his defecation makes me practically swoon with geek girl fandom.



I devoured this book in just a few sittings. Martinez's writing style is such a pleasure to read that the story practically jumps off the page into the imagination with no effort on the readers part.



The concept of the book is not entirely new but Martinez spins new life into this godly tale. It's fun, fast paced and funny. Another great read by Martinez.







View all my reviews